Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy Halloween!


Last year we didn't do anything for Halloween, so I decided that this year I wanted to do SOMETHING festive. I think the scariest happening in our lives last year was Anthony walking around the house nude! What's more festive than carving pumpkins? So for our family home evening tonight we got down and dirty with some gourds. Here are the fruits of our labors!

My handsome hubby cutting his punkin with our newly purchased electric pumpkin carver. He quickly decided that our basic kitchen knives were not suitable for this task and we had to make a special trip just for this. They didn't have the basic pumpkin carver so we had to go for the deluxe version!

Our final pumpkins. If you look closely you can see the hair that I carved on mine.
This was my project for my class two weeks ago. I was quite happy with the way it turned out. I took it to work and everyone was quite impressed. This was a chocolate cake with a peanut butter frosting filling. VERY TASTY!!!

8 comments:

Lindsay Kay said...

Look at you two!

The pumpkins look great and I gotta get me an electric carver.
Audrey said that she likes Risa's pumpkin the best.
As for the cake - WOW! You are really getting good at this! Looks fantastic!

Joni said...

How fun. Daren and I never got into Halloween until we had kids.

I love the bow on the cake. You've got mad skillz!

Heidi Marie said...

Cute punkins and AWESOME CAKES - holy crap woman - can we say TALENTED?? Love your randomly beautiful breast friend.

Nichole said...

Very cute pumpkins...and the cake is so cute...it looks very yummy but there is no way I could get myself to eat a cake that pretty!!

Margie said...

Good for you! I'm so glad you are doing pumpkins. It makes the holidays when you do those things together.

randah said...

i love, love, love your cake! so cute!

thanks for going to lunch yesterday. it is always great to have our r&r time. sorry though if i talk you in to buying things you shouldn't buy! haha.

Tagged you . Yep, that's right. See my blog for details.

I Got That! said...

You know you are creating a reputation for yourself. That cake looks sooo pro! It will be "I want Auntie Risa to make my birthday cake!" The pumpkins are so you guys too.

Tricia said...

That's amazing! Your cake is fantastic. You should feel free to send me the recipe for that cake. Sound delicious!