So about three months ago I started taking the Wilton cake decorating classes. Eventually I think I would like to be able to sell wedding cakes out of my home. I still need a lot of practice, but maybe eventually i'll get there. So if you ever need a cake for any occasion, let me know. Here are a few things that I have done.
This was one of my first cakes. Can you tell? I can!
This was for my cousin Radley's 3rd birthday. The border isn't as straight as I would want it, but I was quite proud with the Superman logo.
We had to come up with our own cake design for the end of one of the classes. I copies this off some pictures i've seen. I think it turned out pretty good.
6 comments:
awesome job on the cakes!!! i love the polka dot one the most! :o)
so, when are we going to have some R&R time?
What a domestic goddess you are. Umm, I don't think you got that from me but I did teach you a few things.
I think it's funny that A started this and you took it over. haha
You are a pro! Good for you an developing those talents and looking to the future as well! Cakes are amazing!
They look great. Do you have a recipe for fondant that doesn't taste like cardboard?
Christina, the first time we used fondant in class i used the store bought kind, it is easy to work with, but tastes awful! So i actually found a recipe online for Marshmallow fondant. All it is is marshmallows and pwrd sugar. It tastes great! But then you have to use shortening to roll it out and make it easier to work with and that takes a little of the good taste away. But definately better than the store bought stuff!
You kick my butt at cake decorating. I knew I should have flown you out to do Evan's cake! My friend has a good fondant recipe if you want to try a different one.
Post a Comment