This week has been full of cakes. In the past 6 days I have made two cakes and am making one more today.
Over a month ago my friend at work asked me to make a cake for a baby shower for our HR manager who is currently 8 months pregnant. She found this picture online and asked me to make it. I think it turned out pretty well and everyone seemed quite impressed.
I think one of my favorite parts of this cake was the topper. The picture we found had these little booties on top and I looked for weeks trying to find some that matched but to no avail. So finally I decided I could probably make them. Sure enough, I found a pattern on line and made the booties my self out of fondant.
I also had my first paid job this week. My boss's boyfriend turned 50 on Friday and she was planning a surprise party for him. She decided that all he was getting this year was friends and food so she liked the idea of the cake being his "present".
Everyone at work was quite amazed and I think I got the word out to enough people that hopefully I will get a little side business going out of all this.
I still have one more to make today so stay tuned...
5 comments:
You are so amazingly talented!!!! That baby cake is adorable. Maybe someday we'll see you on tv. Have you seen that show about the cake makers? I'm so dazzeled by how good you've become soooo fast. You go girl.
WOW! I just gotta say WOW! And you're bringing the next one here! YAY! I hope it tastes as good as these look. Those turned out so cute. Do you think you could get your sister interested in doing stuff like this. haha haha haha
Awesome! I love the shower cake! I now know who to hire for all the cakes I need!
WOWEE!!!!!! I love the pink and brown cake! You amaze me, girl! Such awesome talent!
HEY I'VE MADE THAT BIRTHDAY CAKE BEFORE!!! THAT EXACT SAME ONE!! ha ha ha, yeah. pretty cakes.
Post a Comment